Eucalyptus oil uses – The multitasking oil
100% pure Eucalyptus essential Oil (Eucalyptus Globolus)
Eucalyptus oil is made from the Eucalyptus tree which is a tall evergreen that can grow up to 90 metres high. The immature tree has oval bluish-green leaves while the mature tree develops long, narrow, yellowish leaves, creamy-white flowers and a pale grey bark.
Eucalyptus oil uses:
1. Decongestant – Used for clearing congestion in the nose, sinuses and chest
Inhale directly, use in a steam inhaler, place a few drops on a bowl of hot water in the room at night, add to the bath. Dilute with a base oil and use as a chest rub.
2. Eases aching, sore and stiff muscles
3. As an antiseptic, effectively kills germs and bacteria.
4. Especially good for airborne germs. Vaporise in the house to prevent the spread of illness in the home.
Eucalyptus oil is also good in the house hold:
5. Good for cleaning glue from surfaces.
6. Good for cleaning chewing gum from kids hair.
7. You can find many more uses in the book Eucalyptus: hundreds of household uses by Lesley Dobson (available at Auckland libraries and Amazon)
Baths: add 5-8 drops to bath
Massages: add 2-3 drops of essential oils to 15ml (1 tablespoonful) of carrier oil
Vaporisation: add 2-4 drops of essential oils to a burner.
Scent: Penetrating, Camphoraceous, Medicinal
Extraction Method: Steam Distilled from the leaves and twigs.
Country of Origin: Australia
Caution: Use only diluted, external use only.
Eucalyptus oil Shower steamers:
When you are sick, especially with runny nose you can simply drop some essential oils on the shower floor. Or, you can make these:
Mix a cup of baking soda with just enough water to make a paste, not too runny and not too condensed. Put it in muffin molds and 10min in the oven 180 degrees.
Now you have the steamer discs.
Drop these drops to each disc:
2 drops Tea Tree oil
5 Drops Peppermint oil
10 drops Eucalyptus oil.
Put this at the shower floor and enjoy a refreshing, nose opening time with it.
For more scientific information about Eucalyptus essential oil watch this video:
100% pure, best value therapeutic grade essential oil suitable for use by therapists and in making cosmetics, candles and soaps as well as for use in the home e.g. in oils burners, diffusers, saunas, adding to the bath etc.
Bottle Carries Batch Number and Best Before Date
External use only.
For your all essential oils needs click here.